October 26, 2023
The Communist and Workers’ Parties participating at the 23rd IMCWP in İzmir declare their will and determination, until the next meeting, to engage in joint and convergent actions on the following main issues:
- Opposing imperialist wars, the arms race, including nuclear weapons, foreign military bases and rejecting all the practices of NATO; in this context, increasing class-based propaganda and mobilization against NATO’s expansion and aggression all over the world, standing against the involvement of NATO and its allies in the war in Ukraine and in Israel’s brutal aggression against the Palestinian people; strengthening the struggle for disengagement from NATO and its dissolution, organizing anti-imperialist, anti-war events on September 21, “World Peace Day”supporting the efforts of the World Peace Council.
- Considering the struggle against fascism and its manifestations as one of the priorities of the international communist movement. Organizing the celebration of Victory Day 2024 as a day of victory over fascism in 1945.
- Organizing May Day 2024 with greater strength as a day of class struggles for workers’ rights, social justice and for equality; for the abolition of capitalist exploitation all over the world; against the criminalization of workers’ struggles and trade union rights.
- Showing solidarity with communists facing all kinds of repression, interference and bans, and whose political rights and freedoms are being usurped anywhere in the world.
- Honouring international days that mark the struggle of communists with joint statements and campaigns to promote the values of socialism. In this context, on the occasion of the centenary of Lenin’s death to organise events to propagate socialist principles and values, the historical relevance of socialism. Organising events to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the death of Nelson Mandela.
- Developing joint activities against anti-communism, fascism and the fabricated propaganda against the historical contribution of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics to all humanity.
- Strengthening women’s struggle against inequality, oppression, and discrimination by increasing mobilizations on March 8, International Women’s Day, especially for working women.
- Acting against the arbitrary inclusion of Cuba in the list of “state sponsors of terrorism” and the interference in Cuba’s internal affairs; to raise solidarity with the Cuban people for the immediate and unconditional lifting of the economic, commercial, and financial blockade imposed by the US. In this context, a more active participation in the International Days of Solidarity with Cuba, which will be organized on the last weekend of each month. We call for participation in the VIII International Seminar for Peace and the Abolition of Foreign Military Bases, to be held in Guantanamo, Cuba, on May 4 and 5, 2024. To promote participation in the International Meeting of Solidarity with Cuba; in the 2nd International Meeting of Theoretical Publications of Left Parties and Movements; in the third edition of the International Colloquium “Patria” to be held during the Cuban Press Day.
- Demanding the end of the brutal Israeli attacks targeting the Palestinian people and the end of occupation and the right of the Palestinian people in self-determination, resistance, and an independent sovereign state. Demanding the right of return of refugees and securing the conditions in accordance with relevant UN resolutions and the release of the Palestinian political prisoners. Condemning the so-called “Deal of the Century” and the colonial and discriminatory policies of the US and Israel, including the construction and expansion of settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories, Syrian Golan heights, Shebaa farms and Kfar-shouba heights in south of Lebanon. In this context, commemorating the International Day of Solidarity on November 29 for the Palestinian people.
- Fifty years after the war and the occupation and artificial division of the island and its people, supporting reunification of Cyprus, according to the relevant UN Resolutions. Supporting the struggle of the people of Western Sahara for their right to self-determination according to relevant UN resolutions.
- Support the Syrian people in its struggle against criminal groups supported by reactionary forces and US-NATO-EU imperialism, and against blockade, and for ending the economic sanctions and unjust Caesar Act, and expelling the foreign occupational forces, and respecting the international laws and borders.
- Continuing solidarity with the peoples of countries who have suffered great destruction and losses as a result of the earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, fires and train accidents; exposing the primary responsibility of capitalism’s greed for profit and lack of planning.
- To actively participate in popular mobilizations to demand the care and protection of the environment and reject the capitalist model of production and consumption.
- To achieve a joint action by the communist and workers’ parties and the affiliated organizations to strengthen the international anti-imperialist organizations, in particular, the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), the World Peace Council (WPC), the World Federation of Democratic Youth (WFDY) and the Women’s International Democratic Federation (WIDF).
- Strengthening interaction and cooperation between Communist and Workers’ Parties in all regions of the world to successfully pave the way towards the 24th International Meeting of Communist and Workers’ Parties in 2024.