We strongly condemn all aggressive acts by the Israeli army in Gaza and Lebanon with tragically consequences for the live of the Palestinian, Lebanese and Israeli people but also for people from other countries.
We reject and condemn the blames and threats by the U.S. and Israeli government addressed toward Syria and Iran and against other countries of the region. These threats reveal that the real aggressive and expansive force in the region is Israel.
We strongly protest the US policy which encourages the Israeli aggressiveness. We reject the hypocrisy shown by the G8 leaders and the "equal distance" policy pursued today by certain forces.
We are highly concerned about and warn of the great dangers for a general spread of the crisis in the Middle East, for a new civil war and for a massive imperialist intervention in Lebanon under the pretext of "peace building measures".
The bombings against Lebanon follow the fierce offensive in the Gaza Strip, the kidnapping of Palestinian political figures, the attempt to eliminate the Palestinian National Authority, to destroy the infrastructure and to sink the Palestinian society into a state of chaos.
The raids in Gaza and Lebanon constitute new steps of the "Greater Middle East" US and NATO policy which is directed against the legitimate rights of the peoples, the popular resistance, the progressive and peace loving forces.
The Israeli government, the only military nuclear power in the region, demonstratively ignores UN Security Council resolutions, violates agreements with the Palestinian Liberation Organization, undermines the agreements by the Palestinian organizations regarding the creation of an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel, and rejects the ceasefire proposals. It is also in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention, an international law that prohibits collective punishment, "targeted" assassinations, and destruction of the infrastructure of an occupied territory.
We call upon all peace loving forces to strengthen their solidarity with the Palestinian and Lebanese peoples, with the progressive forces fighting for peace in Israel and to intensify the struggle for a political solution based on:
• The immediate cessation of the attacks and withdrawal of the Israeli army.
• The respect of national sovereignty and territorial integrity against any imperialist intervention under any pretext.
• The immediate release of the political prisoners.
• The complete dismantling of the settlements and withdrawal of the Israeli army from the territories occupied in 1967, the establishment of a Palestinian state (Gaza Strip and the West Bank) with its capital in East Jerusalem, alongside Israel. The solution of the refugee question. The return of all Palestinian refugees should be based on the resolution of UN General Assembly No. 194 and according also to the other UN resolutions.
Only pulling out Israeli soldiers from Gaza and Lebanon and a just and viable peace would put an end to the bloodshed and guarantee the security for all peoples of the Middle East.
1. Communist Party of Albania
2. Communist Party of Australia
3. Communist Party of Bangladesh
4. Communist Party of Belarus
5. Workers’ Party of Belgium
6. Communist Party of Brazil
7. Communist Party of Britain
8. New Communist Party of Britain
9. Workers’ Communist Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina
10. Communist Party of Bulgaria
11. Party of Bulgarian Communists (former Bulgarian Communist Party "Georgi Dimitrov")
12. Communist Party of Canada
13. Communist Party of Chile
14. Communist Party of Cuba
15. Communist Party of Bohemia & Moravia
16. AKEL, Cyprus
17. Communist Party in Denmark
18. Communist Party of Denmark
19. Communist Party of Equador
20. Communist Party of Egypt
21. Communist Party of Estonia
22. Communist Party of Finland
23. Communist Party of Macedonia
24. Unified Communist Party of Georgia
25. German Communist Party
26. Communist Party of Greece
27. Hungarian Communist Workers’ Party
28. Tudeh Party of Iran
29. Communist Party of Ireland
30. Workers’ Party of Ireland
31. Communist Party of Israel
32. Jordanian Communist Party
33. Socialist Party of Latvia
34. Lebanese Communist Party
35. Socialist Party of Lithuania
36. Communist Party of Luxembourg
37. Communist Party of Malta
38. Party of the Communists, Mexico
39. Popular Socialist Party of Mexico
40. New Communist Party of the Netherlands
41. Communist Party of Norway
42. Palestinian People’s Party
43. Phillipine Communist Party (PKP-1930)
44. Communist Party of Poland
45. Portuguese Communist Party
46. Communist Party of Romania
47. Communist Party of the Russian Federation
48. Communist Party of the Soviet Union
49. Russian Communist Working Party – Russian Party of Communists
50. New Communist Party of Yugoslavia
51. Communist Party of Slovakia
52. Communist Party of Peoples of Spain
53. Sudanese Communist Party
54. Syrian Communist Party
55. Syrian Communist Party
56. Communist Party of Turkey
57. The Party of Labour, EMEP, Turkey
58. Communist Party of the Ukraine
59. Union of Communists of Ukraine
60. Communist Party, USA
61. Communist Party of Venezuela